Перейти из форума на сайт.

НовостиФайловые архивы
ПоискАктивные темыТоп лист
ПравилаКто в on-line?
Вход Забыли пароль? Первый раз на этом сайте? Регистрация
Компьютерный форум Ru.Board » Операционные системы » Другие ОС » VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere и Infrastructure

Модерирует : lynx, dg

Версия для печати • ПодписатьсяДобавить в закладки
На первую страницук этому сообщениюк последнему сообщению

Открыть новую тему     Написать ответ в эту тему

Sauron_zombie

Редактировать | Профиль | Сообщение | Цитировать | Сообщить модератору

Customer Sergey via CSS Web 08/10/2012 10:05 AM

Today I received a cable "ACK-I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-1m R".
Backplane 825TQ has no two pins (pin 9 and 10), as you said.
As I understand, connector for the pin #1 is marked characters "JWT" and the sign of the triangle (on your cable).
I connect the sideband cable (SFF-8448) to the backplane 825TQ, but did not see any difference.

How to display the correct connection? Where can I watch it?  
I installed the "Adaptec Storage Manager" on Windows Server 2008 R2. It displays the "Connector 1 ("CN1")".  
I understand that this is not correct.

Response Adnan Zatarah via Email 08/10/2012 03:27 AM

Hello from Adaptec.

Generally this cable should be ok, as this is no expander backplane, but ini this case it might be better to use the Supermicro suggested cable.
Usually you will also need to connect the sideband cable to the backplane to get the enclosure status information and drive LED data transferred. I was talking with a customer, using another SMC backplane, who reported that the sideband cable could not be connected in the proper orientation, as the optional I2C connector on the backplane is so close that it was blocking the SGPIO connection via the standard 10-pin connector that we use.  
As far as I know, the Supermicro provided cable uses a smaller 8-pin sideband connector, leaving the unoccopied two pins (pin 9 and 10) away to avoid running into this potential issue.  
This was never a problem in the past, but could have changed in newer revision backplanes.
It might be worth to doublecheck this with Supermicro Support for your backplane. But within the manual for the SC825 I found the following, which seems to confirm my assumption:
-----
For SES-2 to work properly, you
must connect an 8-pin sideband cable
-----
http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/chassis/2U/SC825.pdf

Kind regards

Adaptec by PMC
Technical Support

Customer Sergey via CSS Email 08/09/2012 09:28 AM

I use a backplane of the server Supermicro (chassis Supermicro SC825 and  
motherboard Supermicro X8DT3) to connect SAS drive (Seagate 600 Гб Cheetah  
15K.7 ST3600057SS).
Will work my drives at a speed of 6Gb / s in this case (with cable  
"ACK-I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-1m R")?

Response Adnan Zatarah via Email 08/08/2012 07:09 AM

Hello from Adaptec.

The Adaptec I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-0.7M R is a newer and shorter 6Gb/s SATA fanout cable that was released with the series 6 controllers.
The other cable "ACK-I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-1m R" is an older, longer cable (1m) and was released with the 3Gb/s controllers. But these older cables can also be used with 6Gb/s controllers and devices. They will also allow the usage with 6Gb/s speeds.
The main difference is the length of 0.7m, which seems to fit better in some systems in which the previous 0.5m cables were to short and the 1m cables to long.
But the cables you mentioned are only "SATA"-fanout cables, which will only allow the direct connection of "SATA" harddrives.  
As you want to use "SAS" hardrives, you need SAS device connectors (SFF-8482) on the cable, which would work with SAS and SATA drives.

Connecting SAS drives directly, use the cable:

ACK-I-mSASx4-SAS4x1-FO-0.5M (Part Number: 2231900-R)
or the longer:
ACK-I-mSASx4-SAS4x1-FO-1M (Part Number: 2232000-R)

See also: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/products/cables/

Kind regards

Customer Sergey via CSS Web 08/08/2012 06:30 AM

I have an Adaptec RAID 6805 ASR-6805 Single (#1B3611BE90D).

I compare these cables:
Adaptec I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-0.7M R
and
ACK-I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-1m R

This cable - "Adaptec I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-0.7M R" - supports 6Gb/s speed (I read on your site).  
But cable "ACK-I-mSASx4-4SATAx1-SB-1m R" supports only 3Gb/s, and not 6Gb/s?
If I have SAS-drives 6Gb/s - they will work only for 3Gb/s???

Всего записей: 536 | Зарегистр. 31-01-2006 | Отправлено: 00:28 12-08-2012 | Исправлено: Sauron_zombie, 00:55 12-08-2012
Открыть новую тему     Написать ответ в эту тему

На первую страницук этому сообщениюк последнему сообщению

Компьютерный форум Ru.Board » Операционные системы » Другие ОС » VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere и Infrastructure

Реклама на форуме Ru.Board.